Thursday, January 09, 2014

A GOD's Frustration

One day I was thinking about my own thinking pattern... about things, about changes, about many other things... then I wrote a poem which best described my thought process at that point of time, which was something like this:

When the nights are bright and the sun is cold,
When the hearts are pure and feelings are legit, I will be contented,
When the sun rises in the west, and the moon sings a song,
When the friends are FOREVER and enemies are for-never, I will be contented,
When the praise is real and criticism is sharp,
When the ocean flows into rivers just for a change, I will be contented,
When the seasons switch their routine just for fun,
When I get to be ME, I will be contented.

Photo credits: http://www.stevenmichaelphotographyandart.com/

That day I went home.. ate and slept.. in my dream, I met an old godly person 10 feet long, white shirt and trousers, black blazer, cool goggles and a french-cut beard.... he could do as a bouncer in any disc if he opted to...
He seemed very noble but a bit frustrated...we introduced each other... He called himself Mr. G and I called myself Mr. H.. (alphabetically we were so close to each other)...
Mr. G was a little mad at me, upon insisting him a little, he explained his share of the frustration, as follows:
“I created water, you needed fire…
I created days to work, you needed nights to rest…
I created winters, you needed summers…
I created love, you needed hatred…
I created light, you needed shadows…”
I interrupted him to try to explain my part... “aa…aa… b..but.t….” He was so annoyed, he told… “No, listen to me first…” and then he continued…
“When I give you beautiful cold, you want to wear sweaters,
When I give you beautiful sun, you want a shelter to hide,
When I give you a heart to love, you want to hate people,
When I give you a beautiful mind, you want to use it for dirty politics,
When I give you a chance to fight the challenges, you want to hide away,
When I signaled you to be satisfied with what you have, you always want something more,
I never wanted you like this”

After he took a pause, I was still trying to process his words… I had an answer to his questions but couldn't tell him for some reason…
I was thinking something like this: “Dear G, being a God, as you are also not free of frustrations, we are but humans, and we have our own set of frustrations… You didn't create few things, but those were the by-products of the good things you created… You expect us to be noble (like you) and we expect others to be noble (like us)…and it is nothing but a chain of expectations…”

Seeing my silence, the agonized, the noble, Mr. G stormed off, and I came back to life from this brief meeting with the divine...... period

No comments:

Post a Comment