Monday, January 20, 2014

How the Music feels?

Yeah, you are reading it correctly. It’s not a grammatical or sentence construction error. By this, I didn't mean to say “How do you feel when you listen to Music?” Sorry, nope. That’s the usual stuff. We all feel alive, elated, happy, sad, rocking, calm, excited, and what not.

But, here am asking you guys to think a little beyond the ordinary thinking pattern, just for fun!

I am asking you to personify the Music (“M” capitalized for a reason) in your imaginary world, and ask him/her (no gender bias :-D), how does it feel when it is being played? How does a song feel when it is sung? How does it feel when it is being listened to? How does it feel when it is ignored? When it is booed? When it is applauded? When it is uploaded? When it is downloaded? When it is performed to perfection? When it is killed? (yeah killed by bad “singers”)? The list extends too long.

Well, tough it is, to answer these questions without being Music yourself, so here I am taking liberty to self-assign the role to me on a temporary basis ;-)


Now, I am Music. First of all, I would like to be loved and sung by as many people as possible. But at the same time, I will feel bad if someone kills my “sur” or “taal” (unintentionally though). But also, I will appreciate the effort put in by someone in singing me. I will feel privileged to be played on a goodwala iPod or a high quality digital sound system. At the same time, I will become more melodious on an old radio in the poor’s hut.


I will prefer people to listen to my lyrics and understand it completely. I will be rocking the parties and also healing people’s solitude and sorrows. I will bring rains when sung with devotion. I will feel proud to be a component of a prayer, and essence of love. I will be just like a human in all possible ways but one; in which I will be in a thousands of disguises around people every day every moment, and then still I will be easily identifiable to people J

2 comments: